Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pork, it's the other white meat and it's what I am having for dinner tonight

Allrecipes.com again for this recipe. What can I say I really like the site.  This was easy to make, I am actually still making them. I searched Google for this mashed potato recipe and they're already done.

I basically wrote this all the previous blog posts talking about this attempt to cook at home while I was waiting for this to finish baking, the only downside of this recipe is waiting 90 minutes to enjoy it. On the plus side I got some dishes cleaned and did some other cleaning around the house while I waited. I bet with slight modification it would be possible to make this in a crock pot as well, I'll have to think about it. Below are some pictures I took while making tonight's dinner. Also this probably isn't healthy cooking, but I don't care. Anyone who has read my blog knows I am fat and loving it.

I didn't get any pictures of the initial preparation. Oh well...
First up we have this picture of the cream of mushroom soup mixed with milk and white wine.

Next up we have the pork chops, after being in the oven for an hour.
 Now we've got the mixture on top of the chops going back in for 30 minutes.
 Meanwhile I've made the mashed potatoes and now I am just waiting for the chops to finish.
Now everything is done and we're all ready to eat!!
 At first I was a little worried because it had a wine like aroma, but you couldn't taste it anymore and after the foil had been off for a few minutes
 My wife Chelsea who is very particular about the "done-ness" of food and she wholeheartedly approved.
 I just took a scoop of mashed potatoes and added it to each plate, covered it in the sauce and chowed down.

Okay so for the record, this was the best thing I've made so far this week. It was AWESOME!!
I've always been a big fan of pork chops.  The sauce made an excellent gravy for the mashed potatoes and there is so much left that it can probably last two lunches, or not...
I am definitely going to save this recipe and make it again some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't have a clue

I'm so very tired. It's almost all the time now.