Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dinner Quest...or trying not to eat out for a full month.

So lately we've been eating out a bit and frankly this was cutting into our monthly budget and also not helping out my health, to say the least. So I decided, with my lovely wife Chelsea, to try to not eat out for the whole month of September, or at least from the 8th onward, since that's when I got this idea. We had already done most of our shopping for month so I wrote down all the proteins we had in the house and decided to come up with lunch ideas, mostly via allrecipes.com and also just searching Google.

Below is my full list. I will be posting daily about each food item, sharing pictures where possible and if I plan on making it again. As you may notice today is the 12th so I have to go back to the 8th and start there, but it should be fun and enjoyable for anyone interested.

By the way I realize not all of these are healthy food items, I just wanted to cook/bake instead of going out. And yes I actually made everything so far.  I told my wife I would gladly take care of cooking through the 28th and I plan on sticking to it. I am thinking about continuing this through October 8th to see if we really can go a full month without eating out.  Also the other cool thing about this is almost every recipe seems to be big enough to allow for leftovers the next day for lunch!

9/8 - Sunday - Bread - Pretzels/Sandwiches

9/9 - Monday - Ground Beef - Cheeseburger Pie

9/10 - Tuesday - Bottom Round - Slow Cooker Pot Roast w/ Broccoli 

9/11 - Wednesday - Chicken Breasts - Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

9/12 - Thursday - Pork Chops - Baked Pork Chops w/ Mashed Potatoes

9/13 - Friday - Chicken Breasts - White Chicken Chili

9/14 - Saturday - Bacon - Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chiles

9/15 - Sunday - Kielbasa - Kielbasa and Cabbage

9/16 - Monday - Top Sirloin - Sirloin Steak w/ Garlic Butter w/ Potatoes and Onions

9/17 - Tuesday - Ground Beef - Italian Spaghetti Sauce with Meat Balls (w/ spaghetti)

9/18 - Wednesday - Lentils - Lentils w/ Tomatoes

9/19 - Thursday - Chicken Breasts - Ultimate Chicken Fingers w/ Baked Fries

9/20 - Friday - Tuna - Tuna Salad Sandwiches (or w/ crackers)

9/21 - Saturday - Beans - Baked Beans

9/22 - Sunday - Bottom Round - Bottom Round Roast w/ Onion Gravy

9/23 - Monday - Top Sirloin - Sirloin Marinara (w/ vegetables)

9/24 - Tuesday - Pork Chops - Mustard Onion Pork Chops w/ vegetables

9/25 - Wednesday - Chicken Breasts - Garlic Chicken w/ beans

9/26 - Thursday - Pizza - Homemade Pepperoni Pizza

9/27 - Friday - Top Sirloin - Navy Bean soups / Sirloin Tips

9/28 - Saturday - Pork Chops - White Pork Chili

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't have a clue

I'm so very tired. It's almost all the time now.