Thursday, September 12, 2013

Crock Pot gets used again to make Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

So this was the first time I made anything like this and I loved it, recipe in the link back there. I followed all of the recipe, except the beer, I just put in 1 and 1/2 cup water. It was still very flavorful. Pretty much all the stuff I used was Food Club brand from Super 1 Foods because it was inexpensive and just as good as the name brand. I don't have any prep pictures, but I still have a plastic-ware container full that I am taking to lunch tomorrow.

Now I will say because I didn't get home to take the chicken out and shred it and put it back in, it was still okay, When I tried to take the chicken out it literally fell apart on the fork.  So I just took a fork and knife and cut it up in the crock pot. Turned out just fine.

When I removed it from the crock pot and placed it in the bowl I added sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and some tortilla chips.  Everyone liked them, even Evie, our two year old daughter.

Below is the leftover I am taking to lunch tomorrow. I can't wait! My wife took some to lunch today and she said it was great.  We just put some chips in a zip lock bag and she took them that way.

I am definitely making this again. This gets 5 stars in my recipe book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't have a clue

I'm so very tired. It's almost all the time now.