Monday, June 30, 2008

Walking to Work: Not for the fat or timid, oh wait...

So we're in a new apartment about 1 mile away from the University and rather than leave really early and wait like an hour for work start I decided, like a dumb person, to walk at 7:30ish and get to work around 8:00ish, which by the way I did. However, this is something I would prefer not to do again, if at all possible.

First, the sun is hot. Obviously, but what I mean is that it is hotter than you would imagine it to be in the morning if you don't usually walk outside for a mile at 7:30 in the morning.

Second, grass is very wet. I am wearing jeans and sneakers. My sneakers got soaked. My jeans got wet half way up my knees from grass that bearly rose above my ankle. Very annoying.

Third, traffic. Seriously, does everybody have to go to work the same time as I do? I had to wait 4 and a half minutes to cross the spur at the light.


This is my route, basically, although I cut through the parking lot of the business building rather than walk around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't have a clue

I'm so very tired. It's almost all the time now.